The Anaconda-Deer Lodge County Weed Control Department protects and preserves the agricultural, recreational, wildlife habitat, and natural areas of the County from the degrading impact of exotic and invasive noxious weeds. A noxious weed is defined as “any exotic plant species that may render land unfit for agriculture, forestry, livestock, wildlife or other beneficial uses, or that may harm native plant communities.”
This is achieved by:
- coordinating spraying between County, State, Federal and private landowners, issuing non compliance letters, enforcing State Weed Laws;
- assisting landowners with sprayer calibration and herbicide information;
- distribution of biological control agents;
- writing and administering weed grants;
- ordering herbicides;
- completing all State required reports;
- writing and updating the County Noxious Weed Plan;
- inspecting subdivisions; and
- inspecting noxious weed seed free forage.
800 Main St.
Anaconda, MT 59711
(406) 563 – 4071