The duties and records to be kept by the Clerk of the District Court are covered under Title 3, Chapter 5, Part 5, MCA. These duties include:
- processing court records including Probate Estates, Mental Health, Adoption, Marriage, Dissolution, Criminal Juvenile and Youth in Need of Care, Search Warrants, and various Civil Actions;
- preparation of all district court jury trials and summonsing jurors for trial;
- issuing marriage licenses;
- processing Passport Applications; and
- maintaining legal documents including, but not limited to, marriage and dissolution records, wills, naturalization records, as well as civil and criminal judgments.
District Court Law and Motion is held on Wednesdays in the courtroom on the third floor of the Courthouse. Mental Health hearings are attended every other Friday at the Montana State Hospital in Warm Springs, MT.
800 Main St.
Anaconda, MT 59711
(406) 563 – 4040