The Chief Executive Officer is an elected position. Elected in 2017, Bill Everett is the current CEO. The CEO is elected by a plurality vote on a non-partisan ballot for a four (4) year term. The duties for CEO include:
- informing the County Commissioners of the state of governmental affairs;
- enforcing laws, ordinances, and resolutions;
- Carry out policies established by the Commission and perform other assignments as required by the Commission;
- prepare Commission agenda’s and attend all Commission meetings;
- Prepare budget to the Commission for approval and execute the budget adopted by Commission;
- recommending measures to improve governmental operations and conditions within the city-county;
- negotiating contracts with employees of the local government, subject to Commission approval;
- accounting for all funds of the government and submits repots on the financial conditions of the government to the Commission; and
- hiring and managing employees of the local government.
Bill Everett, Anaconda-Deer Lodge County CEO, can be reached at 406-563-4000 or via e-mail at BEverett@adlc.us.
800 Main St.
Anaconda, MT 59711
(406) 563 – 4000