COVID-19: Updates and Preparedness Information
Anaconda-Deer Lodge County Public Health will release this weekly surveillance report each Friday. The report includes additional epidemiologic data useful for understanding the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic in Anaconda-Deer Lodge County, Montana.
The link below will direct you to the updated weekly information.
Governors Directives January 2021
Governors Directives 2021
Event Guidelines and Request Form:
Updated 3-16-2021: TBA
Know-How it Spreads: the following is from the Center of Disease and Prevention*
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person to person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- The respiratory droplets are produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
How to Prevent the spread of Disease:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.(https://youtu.be/d914EnpU4Fo)
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Maintain Social Distancing procedures (6 feet between you and others).
- Stay home if you do not feel well.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Dilution of household bleach (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html)
To make a bleach solution, mix:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water or
- 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Other common EPA-registered household disinfectants (https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2)
- There are no alerts at this time.